Life of Service
Why is this necessary?
Jesus invites us to follow Him. To follow Christ means that we serve others as He did- with great love and compassion, in prayer and selfless generosity. God helps us to be able to do this by sending us the Holy Spirit. Confirmation gives us the abundant graces to develop our talents and gifts in a unique way to be Christ in the world.
How do I know what to do?
What do you enjoy doing? Do you have a specific skill or talent? Make a list of your interests and abilities. Ask your friends, parents, and sponsor what they recognize as your unique talents. How can these characteristics serve your family, community, and the Church? Ask God how you can use your talents to serve others. He has a plan for your life!
Service to Church Ideas:
- Assist in the upkeep of a cluster parish or cemetery: cleaning or groundskeeping (contact us to volunteer)
- Clean up flowers at the cemetery after a storm (contact Rachel to volunteer)
- Visit or assist a parishioner on the Homebound list (contact Rachel to volunteer)
- Make a meal for a family in our Cluster who celebrated a Baptism recently (listed in the bulletin)
- Visit someone from our Cluster who recently lost a family member (listed in the bulletin)
- Provide service to the Spiritual Center of Maria Stein or Montezuma
- Put new missalettes in the holders (contact Rachel to volunteer)
- Create bulletin boards at the CCD center (contact Rachel to sign up)
- Help deliver gifts from the giving tree program (contact Rachel to volunteer)
- Pull weeds at St. Henry grounds (contact Miranda for more info)
- Help with Totus Tuus//Vacation Bible School (contact Miranda for more info)
Service to Family Ideas:
- Assist with yard work, shovel snow or rake leaves
Service to Community Ideas:
- Volunteer for Rustic Hope
- Volunteer for St. Vincent De Paul, C.A.L.L. Food Pantry, Ansonia Methodist Food Pantry, Grace Resurrection
- C.A.L.L. Food Pantry/Ministries (419) 586-3574
- St. Paul's Church in New Bremen to help with their Food Pantry/Donations
- M.A.V Youth Mentoring- contact Andrea Agler with questions
- Visit an abortion clinic and pray for the babies and their parents
- Participate in the Right to Life essay contest
- Contact the nursing home for volunteering opportunities
- Participate in Midnight Magi in December where we make and deliver cookies to third shift essential workers
- Deliver Thanksgiving Dinners to the less fortunate (contact Miranda for more info)